Combat among technology providers is a normal thing in digital world. The latest technology rivalry between HTML5 and Adobe Flash begun the discourse of comparison about these two web based technology solutions. Nitpicks are still awaited to confirm the exact advantages and disadvantages. A brief comparison between these two web based technology solutions has been presented in this article so that the users better appreciate the difference.
HTML5 is emerging as a future trend in the World Wide Web for multimedia content development and demonstration. In spite of the fact that HTML5 is still far from Adobe’s Flash multimedia platform, but it is giving one of the best options to web designers to develop multimedia content over the internet. Pros and cons of HTML5 are briefed below so that users can understand it technically:
Pros of HTML5:
1. It is free and comes in an open format.
2. HTML5 has future in World Wide Web trends.
3. Users can get rid of additional Plug-ins by using HTML5.
4. It is compatible with mobile devices as well.
5. It is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) friendly.
6. It works on almost all systems.
7. It gives better performance with great hardware acceleration.
Cons of HTML5:
1. So far it does not reached to the level of refined animation and graphics like Flash.
2. It is not popular like Flash and still pertain a tiny market share.
3. It lacks special types of server and settings to manage Digital Rights Management (DRM).
4. It is not supported by all browsers.
5. It cannot define any video container or format.
6. It cannot replace complex Flash applications.
7. It is hard to convert Flash to HTML5.
Flash is still the best/high-impact web and multimedia content maker and broadcast software. It is a long journey of experience, expertise and customer satisfaction that developed the stupendous Flash software to create exceptional multimedia content. In fact, there is no doubt that so far users have no replacement of Adobe’s Flash.
Besides the fact that Flash is the best, but there are some cons that disfavors it. The pros and cons of Flash are briefed below:
Pros of Flash:
1. It gives exceptional results to the users through professional editing.
2. It completely protects user’s digital art on the net and gives complete Digital Rights Management (DRM).
3. It is highly popular and industry leader software with almost 97% market share.
4. All browsers support Adobe Flash.
5. It makes easy to insert ads into videos that are supposed to be presented on the net.
Cons of Flash:
1. It is not free, but users need to pay a price to use it.
2. It possesses unfriendly behavior with Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
3. It needs several Plugins to run it properly.
4. It is incompatible with many mobile devices.
5. iPad and iPhone does not support Flash.
The readers can build-up their understanding after reviewing HTML5 and Flash advantages and disadvantages. On the other hand, the above mentioned pros and cons provide nitpicks about both software’s. At the end, critical comparison makes it easy to decide which software is the best for a professional user as well as how it meets the web site requirements.
Author Bio: Shahab Lodhi is an amateur writer who likes to write on technology and digital life issues. Here is one of his websites which is meant to Speed up PC through SpeedupmyPC 2013 by Uniblue. He also runs a website on Microsoft Silverlight Plugin Crash.